Today I finally had the opportunity and time to devote myself to photography, especially in the composition of frames. The beautiful locations of these shots are the hills near the italian border with Slovenia, where between 1915 and 1918 Italians and Austrians fought hard, resulting in the famous Battle of Caporetto. Hence, I visited the trenches and taken so many photos. As I explained earlier, I focused my attention in the composition, expecially in the "rule of third". I also tried to improve my technique; however, the results are not so exciting: indeed I shooted almost all the photos in "Apeture Priority" mode, with an aperture of about f/5.6. That is: the depth of field isn't very large. Furthermore, I shooted only in JPEG mode, so the quality is not of the best. Another feature, common in all the shots, is the fact that I used the circle polarizing filter in order to avoid the reflections (it had just rained) and to saturate colors.
Anyway, take a look to the photos and let me know what do you think about them.


Lonely
Lonely

A Trench
The Trench

Going There
Going There

Valley
The Valley


These are only few shots. To see more, stay tuned on the corresponding Flickr's Set (named, of course, "Caporetto").